How can i get my teenager to respect and conversate with my spouse?

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 yrs.And he seems to have a good relationship with my two younger kids but now my sixteen year old daughter lives with us and she absolutly says nothing to him.She doesnt look at him when we are all haveing a conversation.And now he's feeling like she does'nt like him,He's never done anything to her to make her not like him.is it her age?Should i sit down with the both of them and discuss this?

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would take her out for dinner and talk with her. See why she doesn't like him or if that is even what is going on. Listen to what she has to say and try not to get angry if she tells you she doesn't like him, for whatever reason. If she hasn't always been with you then maybe she feels like he is trying to take the place of the father she just left.

I think you have to talk with her by herself first because I am not sure if she will be honest with you if he is there.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Maybe she has no respect for a man who isn't married to her mom. maybe she feels if you two are serious you should be married by now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010