The cost of the Obama "deal"

Early expectations are for it to cost 800 billion to a Trillion dollars over 2 yrs. There is so much wrong with this but with all the concern about the deficit shouldn't it have more people angry about the cost? I know we can never have total agreement in congress but it seems all this compromise is counterproductive when our deficit is so high. Thoughts?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's flippin' crazy. How long will China be able to afford to fund us?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't know because China is starting to have financial issues themselves. I guess America was more expensive than they thought.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• LOL, no wonder the rest of the world thinks we are too greedy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That isn't an actual cost. They are calculating the revenue that will not be collected as the figure stands alone as a loss. Knowing this will calm the nerves of business and consumer confidence and wallstreet confidence revenue may very well increase.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm not so sure. With the knowledge that this is not permanent and the fact that the country is already in dire straits I'm not convinced it's going to change anything. Guess it's a wait and see issue
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• to Obama, it's another Stimulus. And he likes those.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• More importantly, how much is the Obama presidency going to cost us as a nation? Are we going to be a territory of China before he's out of office?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• @ Carpy "this will calm the nerves of business and consumer confidence and wallstreet confidence revenue may very well increase".

I don't see it my friend. When no one is hiring and let's look at the people losing unemployment with no money coming in at all because the weeks have ran out. How will that increase revenue.

I see a clash coming....the house of cards is going to crash!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The tax deal should never have happened... but that's what you get when the gop threatens the poor.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Quit with the bull Parishsky. You know good and well this could wait till next year and still get passed before the second week of Jan. It could never hurt the public more than the Obama agenda has hurt them in the past 2 yrs.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010