What do u do when u dont smoke & u are trying 2 help out someone but they do smoke & u have asked them not to smoke in your house and they do it anyway?

Im a non smoker and cant stand the smell of ciggaretts and thats the first thing i smell when i wake up. it really puts me in a bad mood. please help what do i do?

gapeachmom78

Asked by gapeachmom78 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• Kick them out. Your house, your rules.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Kick them out. Is it a friend or your spouse?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Tell them they have a week to find somewhere else to live if it doesn't stop NOW

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Tell them it's time to GO!! If it's your house it's your rules... or there's the door!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wow.. my husband and I are both smokers.. but if ANYONE ever smoked in my home I would show them the door!! We have never smoked in our home or our vehicles, even before we had children.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• They'd be gone the firsy time it happened! Sorry my home is not a shelter here.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• tell them to respect your wishes, its your house so what you say goes. If it's your husband and he must smoke tell him to go outside ans smoke, And if he\she is a friend tell him or her to smoke his or her cigerette before coming into your home. because there will be no more smoking in your house, and tell them why.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would remind them that I am a non-smoker and I do not want smoking in my home, and if they can't follow my 'rules' they can get out! I would also tell them if I smell it again they are out the door!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Tell them "You either stop smoking in my house or you're out on your ass". Period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would give them a choice, stop smoking or get out. Just like kids some people will try you to see what they can get away with. Just be firm and tell them how you feel.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2010