• In the Spotlight:

Is it fair that homosexual teenagers can shower in the same locker room together but that heterosexual teenage couples can't.

I am not homophobic. But when I ask this question that is all I hear. But changing the way our society views sexuality changes the way our society needs to view sexuality not just with marriage. Someone please explain how this scenario is not an issue and how it is fair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I see your question and i will raise you a question!

How would you propose that they have the bathrooms set up? One for every person individually?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• you're kidding right???
    Anonymous

• you already asked this. at what point does it become homophobic?
    Anonymous

• drama ....oh drama drama oh drama drama ...next word ladies

Anonymous

• Wow! This really is a good question. I don't have an answer to it. On a seperate but similar note, I have heard that in one of our lovely 50 states, the ACLU is trying to get a law passed that trannies can use public restrooms of the opposite sex. In a nutshell, if a male trannie is dressed up like a woman, he'll have the right to use the women's restroom. These are the things that make you scratch your head in disbelief.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 10:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Are you expecting teens to declare their sexuality prior to showering after gym class? That seems like a pretty major invasion of their privacy IMO.

I agree with Carolyn; are you proposing that they begin providing individual showers/facilities?
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 10:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I get your point, but I certianly don't think that they should let opposite sex kids shower together either. Some showers have stalls set up with curtians. I'm sure not all of them do, but they could move towards that, if they actually have the money to do so.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well I think that is my point. How will we arrange our society to accomodate the changes in our acceptance of homosexuality. I am not saying that I oppose the changes in attitude about homosexuality but that does require that we look at all the affects of that acceptance including how we set up same gender environments. Like high school locker rooms for one. I think we would then have to have individual spaces for each, or make new rules for what is and isn't acceptable behavior in the locker room. If gay or lesbians can kiss on campus, then do we need to make a rule that only in public and not in the locker room with their clothes off.
    Anonymous

• WTF?? Homosexuals can't be seen in public together, can't have a marriage, and now have to have separate bathrooms? Does this make anyone think of segregation?

I don't think they are having intimate moments while showering after gym class. What exactly is unfair? Do you think that high school students need to be showering with anyone in an intimate way? Because you need to be thinking about your education and growing up.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 10:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Most homosexuals do not "come out" during highschool...I beileve its like 89% or something. The overwhelming majority wait until the second year of college. Teenagers are pretty hostile, as kids are. So, making them shower with their sexual preferenced peers, could pose a problem for those not comfortable in their own skin yet. And, how would you know the ones that haven't come out yet? You going to ask them straight up?
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 10:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008