im mortified my 7 year old girl asked a boy at school show me ur penis?? adult content

and the little boy did we have taught her the words but its not recently what would make a child do something like that in the lunch room no lesss help?? it took everything in me not to grab her and shake her from embarassment how do u get it thru we had all the privacy talks , touching talks help

stylesbabygirls

Asked by stylesbabygirls at 9:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sorry wish I could help! I'd say talk to her Dr.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It's perfectly natural. I worked as a preschool teacher through college and my first year out of school. And around 4 or 5 they actually begin to take interest in the other sexes different parts. It's normal curiousity. IMO I don't feel it should be punished too strongly. This is just the time to sit down and explain those body parts are what makes boys boys and girls girls. You don't have to get into sexual explaining yet. I remember last winter a 3 yr old girl was at my parents (my mom is a photographer, they were getting pix) I was changing one of my sons and she said "what's that" about his penis. Obviously never saw dad naked and I just said that's his pee pee, where he pees from. And left it at that, since she wasn't mine, but went to out church. But this is where my hubby and I believe it's ok to be naked around your kids until around that age, then it's not such a huge curiousity, JMO again. Good luck!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• She's seven years old and curious. It has nothing to do with sexuality, it has nothing to do with anything outside of her being curious. She's starting to understand the difference between a boy and a girl, and wanted to visually see the difference. That's nothing to be ashamed of, that's nothing to even be embarrassed about. It's natural for kids to be curious about their bodies and other's bodies. Just explain to her that it's not appropriate to ask someone else to see their body, especially in a public place. Answer her questions, because she clearly has questions. Be honest with her about the human body and how it works. There's no harm in informing children when they're curious. Infact it's vital to their upbringing, so that when it comes time for them to use that information they're not clueless.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It is not abnormal, albeit embarrassing and horrifying for mom, I would feel that way too. Just keep talking to her and stressing the importance of what is appropriate and what is private. I might ask the pediatrician for any suggestions too, remember they have seen and heard it ALL!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That is completely normal. My 6 year old daughter one of her friends (also a girl) if she as ever seen her brothers penis (her brother is 10) When I heard her say that I just said that is something you should ask people and she understands. Tell your daughter not to worry about boys and please DONT TAKE HER TO THE DOCTORS!! Lol
    Momma_A4

Answer by Momma_A4 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Its normal. Please don't punish her.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• that reminds me of my oldest, when she was 8 she asked my brother in law... "can your penis go up my butt" Thank God he is not a child molester! we had some serious talks after that
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would just talk very seriously about how our private parts are PRIVATE and not for sharing with others.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i would let her know that this question is appropriate for at home... if she wants to see a penis... then find an appropriate picture and let her look... she's just curious... or call her ped for a good book with pictures that can help...
    i would explain that it's NOT appropriate to ever ask someone else to show their penis, and she needs to keep her clothing on as well... just to be sure...
    it's just plain innocnent curiosity...
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree with KTMOM. They're PRIVATE, hers, and everyone else's.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2010