Am I mean or would this annoy you to?

I have a friend (just met up with her last yr from HS) she doesn't work because she said she has depression/anxiety no kids, doesnt cook, sends her laundry out & always complains that the 2 days her husband has off they do errands for her & his family but when me & my sister go out or I go out with my friend she always expects me to ask if she wants to come along , she stays home all day , but I'm not responsiable for her social life, she doesnt askbut hints & that just annoys me....shes not a bad person shes sweet has a good heart & is very generous with my kids(very) but is that her trying to make me feel bad or munipulate me into liking her?? I dont know...I think part is that I have no respect for her she makes her depression a crutch for her not doing this....

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 9:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It seems to me it is part cry for help, part cry for attention, and part manipulation. Her meds obviously aren't working, so she should look for a new Dr. and see if he can get her on some new meds. However, you should not let her control you this way. You have a right to live your life without feeling that kind of burden. Obviously, she needs a good friend, and you can be that without letting it take over your whole life. Just be there for her as much as you feel you can, and when it gets too hard, take a break. It's not your job to fix her, and you couldn't even if you wanted to. She has to be proactive in her own health and wellbeing.
    Treefrog64

Answer by Treefrog64 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When we get out of bed every day, we choose what we are going to do with it. She is making her own choices and emotionally blackmailing you. If her meds aren't working, then she needs to talk to her doctor. Life is simply too darn short to do nothing with it.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 9:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think she is using her depression as a crutch, if she even has depression at all. She has the ability to get on medication and change her life around if she were to choose to. However, she chooses to sit in her home and mope all day. I think that she's playing games with you and whoever else will let her, so she doesn't have to take responsibility for her life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i suffer from depression and have a 7 year old its very hard but i take meds and i carry on i dont let the disease get the best of me so when u say shes young and has to have people do for her yes im annoyed go to a dr get help it works
    stylesbabygirls

Answer by stylesbabygirls at 9:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Encourage her to go get help for her depression and then she might now sit home all the time and be annoying.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think she is just looking for a good friend..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• She does takes meds for it...
    sissaymay

Comment by sissaymay (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Then obviously she really is depressed.. I really think she just wants someone who she feels she can count on.. & she wants someone to count on her.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• she does, always like oh poor me cant do this because Im depressed.......she shops all day long, she did come over for a party all my friends thought she was strange IDK I go back and forth with this girl BTW SHES 39
    sissaymay

Comment by sissaymay (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Your right! booksand hooks......how do you do absolutly nothing all day! cook your husband a meal but she doesnt want to get cat hair in the food she has 3 cats always an excuse for not doing something
    sissaymay

Comment by sissaymay (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010