Westboro "baptist church" makes me sick!

My co-worker just came over to my desk to show me what they have posted on their site! its completely sickening. They are planning to picket Elizabeth Edwards funeral this weekend!? "from a respectful distance" There is no such thing as a respectful distance when it comes to picketing at a funeral!!! THEY ARE DEAD! WTF do you have to picket about!!! I am so not for violence but I swear if one of my kids joins the service and dies in the line of duty and they try to picket my kids funeral, Im killing as many as I can!!! (and yes they have been known and had charges pressed against them for picketing soldiers funerals!)

Have you seen what these people call religion! And try to claim as a church!? Below is the quote from their site about E.Edwards

Edenton Street United Methodist Church in Raleigh, NC December 11, 2010 12:15 PM - 1:00 PMWBC will picket a respectful distance from the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards who split hell wide open on December 7, 2010. Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee. (Isa. 14:9-11.) This witch spent her life in defiance and disobedience to God, and blasphemed Him with her dying breath. She received multiple warnings and opportunties to repent. After God smacked her by killing her son, she thought she'd show Him, pumping herself full of hormones to have more kids. God gave her two more children, and she despised them like she did the first two, raising them to believe God is a liar. She called her dead 16-year-old brat "righteous" and said the Old Testament promises for God's people are lies. Her pride and arrogance is breath-taking! When Elizabeth woke in Hell yesterday -- where she will reside for eternity -- her son met her and began an eternity of cursing her for lying to him. Our message is for the living: do not live like Elizabeth Edwards or you will die like her, spending eternity in Hell where the worm never dies and the fire is never quenched. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (Isa. 66:24.) If you give a care about your never-dying soul, you will heed this warning! Amen!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah they're horrible people.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• yea, they're a bunch of bigot-spreading psychos.

what bothers me the most, is their hatred is protected by the first amendment. as long as they aren't making any threats, or hurting anybody, they can do whatever the hell they want. disgusting.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That's horrible. I feel sorry that people would interpret the Bible in such a way. I would never want to inflict harm on any of them for that would make me know better then these people who find joy doing it to others.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• TARARENEE~Yes, they are NOT representatives of Christians, or Christianity. True Christians walk in love and grace and forgiveness. You are right, WE are not the judge and we are not to judge. That is for the Father alone. We are to love one onother, lift each other up, and bring His children back to Him, lovingly.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am so irritated by this right now. THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!! She was a kind woman. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE THERE!! What are they thinking?!?! She has young children. What is it going to be like for them to see this....They are so awful.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Here's the recent story I was thinking of..

Residents Block Westboro Protestors At Soldier's Funeral

Maybe something like this could be organized for her funeral too? Her family should not have to deal with those people in their time of grief.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, the Westboro people are completely f***ing nuts, no doubt.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm with you... If I ever caught some deadly form of Malaria or something - I'd go visit them & return the favor...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think this is one thing most of the ladies on here can agree on.. these are sick, inbred, horrible people.
    and when old man Phelps dies, I will be making out with three girls at his funeral.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hate comes in many forms, it's really sad that these people think they are doing good work by showing their hate.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010