whats my chances of having twins?

my fiancee's side there are twins and on my side there are twins. my mum said it skipped a generation and so im one of 3 or 4 siblings to have twins. whats my chances of having twins?

ProudMuma91

Asked by ProudMuma91 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• IDK, my mum's dad is a frat twin ... they pop up often on that side of the bloodline. Just enjoy pregnancy and don't wish for twins LOL I have 2 boys 13 months apart and am thankful they weren't twins. Twins are a handful LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• btw, funny you are also a girl who calls her mother Mum, that's how everyone pronounces it where I'm from. It was brought to our attention strongly when I went off to college LOL I even have a necklace that says mum and my hubby stresses the U rather than the O with our kids, so they also grow up with that german/english pronunciation. just had to say that LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• kk. ty. heh. xD i kinda want twins but if i were 2 have twins id want 1 of each gender. =P so i could stop havin kids after those 2.
    ProudMuma91

Comment by ProudMuma91 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• lolz. =P it just sounds so rite sayin mum instead of mom.
    ProudMuma91

Comment by ProudMuma91 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well the female decides fraternal twins. If you have fraternal twins in your family then you are at "risk" of having them. Idendtical, I believe, can run on either side of the family, but not sure on that one lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• well on my dads side his 2 sisters r twins n they r identical n my dads dad n uncle r twins n they r fraternal. so i have both on my dads side.
    ProudMuma91

Comment by ProudMuma91 (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Those things are genetic. Not quite sure of the exact stats, though.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I can tell you that before fertility treatments the odds were 1 in 98 for the general population. That identical were believed to be random, but fraternal was from releasing two eggs at once and tends to run in families.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010