What is a good harmless musicvolume for the baby?

I started today to put a pair of headphones left and right on my babybelly, to have the baby listen to some music. my question is, what is the right volume to choose? i want it loud enought that the baby can hear it throught the stomachwalls and the water, but not to loud that it would get bothered by it and gets annxious. I can't put out normal speakers, because i don't live alone, so i use the headphones.

Thanks for reading
MiriamKemuri

MiriamKemuri

Asked by MiriamKemuri at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've play classical music to the baby with both of my pregnancies. The general recommendation is "just a few octives lounder than you would listen to it yourself."

Also you shouldn't do it for more than 15 minutes a day and should do it during a period when baby is active because apparently it can over stimulate the baby and throw off their sleeping patterns.

I do think it's a VERY good idea. Both of my kids would calm their crying (for the first year or more of their lives) at the first note of classical music.

I never leave home without a classical CD or a good classical radio station saved to the radio just in case we need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2010