How Do I get him to stop playing...

So my ds is 19 months old and now likes to play with his poop. If I dont catch that he pooped right away he puts his hands in the diaper and plays with it. I had to give him a bath in the middle of the day 3 times this week due to this and have caught him 2 other times just in time before he started to play with it. I never thought I would have a kid that would enjoy plaing with his poo! lol He is starting to show signs that he is ready for potty training so should I go ahead and try? How do you teach them its not ok to play with their poop?! Help me please, Im 6 months pregnant with #2 and gag when I have to clean poop off the floor and him! :)

misssababe1128

Asked by misssababe1128 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son started potty training at 20 months, he pulled his pants down one day and peed in the yard after watching my dad do it. Then 10 days later when my hubby returned home (military) he almost immediately started peeing in the toilet the majority of the time. Go ahead and start!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes i say start and also keep a "smell out" for a poopy diaper. He might not like it and is trying to get it off....lol
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It does sound like he might be ready to start potty training... and I agree with both the above ladies... but also, is he bored? Maybe try giving him "edible playdough..." (homemade from ingredients in the kitchen...) I know that my little one would play with his poop if he started to get bored... If you want the recipie, let me know!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 10:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2010