Spotting question

I know this might be a dumb question but I have been spotting for the past couple of days, my period is due in 2 weeks me and hubby dont use anything but i am on the paraguard iud. i have two other children 3 and 14 months. I know the most obvious thing to do is take a test but would that even work since my period isn't even late and is due in 2 weeks? I have been going to the bathroom like crazy for the past week but not sure if that is just due to medicine or not. so i guess my question is is, is it possible to be spotting 2 weeks before period is due and be pregnant?

Malibu1979

Asked by Malibu1979 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• Anything is always possible. Isn't it a side effect of any IUD to have occasional spotting? Perhaps that is the culprit...I don't know if you would get an accurate answer from a HPT since your period isn't due for 2 weeks. GL
    monkiesbugs

Answer by monkiesbugs at 9:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• yea i remeber the obgyn saying its a side effect but i've had it for a year now and have never spotted while on it.
    Malibu1979

Comment by Malibu1979 (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• funny im having spotting and my period is due on the 23rd and nausea but im nt goin by a test no time soon i never in my life spotted after a period so i no somthing not right either and it not from having intercouse but il call my obgyn if it continues let me no wat u find out im not on birthcontroll either so i dont no wat it could be
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Could be implantation bleeding but, if it is, it would be WAY too early to test.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• well my spotting turned out to be due to pregnancy i thank i am a month
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2010