umm yeah i dont know how to tell my mom that im pregnant what should i do

teenage pregnancy

ilyzshey

Asked by ilyzshey at 10:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You should tell her. Simple as that.

I did it in the form of a question..."How would you like to be a grandmother?"
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• honestly, just step up and tell her now. You taking responsibility and owning it will be the best thing you can do. She certianly won't be happy. And she may not take it in a good way. But it's better her find out now, than when you start showing. Besides that, she may want to help you find your doctor and at least get some prenatals. I hope it goes alright for you!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well i think that you should just tell her, i mean eventually she will find out and if you know that you are pregnant then you need to seek prenatal care immediately to make sure your baby is dong well. CONGRADULATIONS!!

ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Sweetie, sometimes moms surprise us. She will be shocked and maybe mad at first, but you never know...she might become a good support system for you. Tell her. The sooner the better. Take good care of yourself. No matter what you do, know that you have your whole life ahead of you!! :) Hugs to you.
    Anonymous

• you walk up to her, open your mouth and say that words "mom, I'm pregnant"....is there really any other way to do it?
    Anonymous

• As long as she doesn't have a history of violence or abuse against you, just tell her. If there is a history, tell your school counselor, pastor or some other person you trust to sit down with the two of you so you can talk about it. Whatever you do make it soon!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I was scared too and in your shoes. We were going shoping together and brought up her being pregnant with me and random questions about her pregnancies and then asked how she told her parents and how they acted. she told be and asked why? I started to cry and she knew right away and hugged me and said not to worry it was all going to be okay and she will be there for me no mater what. Trust me it will all be okay and you will feel better after you tell her. Babies are a blessing no matter what and you deserve to enjoy this pregnancy in every way. It will be over before you know it.
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 10:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If you have a sister, take her with you to tell your mom. It gives you a little support and it also will make sure you tell her. When my sister went to tell my mother she said "I have something to tell you" and my mom already knew. Once you have your baby you will understand that you love your baby no matter what. Besides that, as you get older, like your mom, you learn to accept things a little better...logically she's going to know that overreacting isn't going to change what is already done and she is going to have to make the best of the situation.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well iam a teen mom and i got pregnant with my son at 14 yeah young lol but yeah i would just tell her or like someone else said do it in a question it might make it easier and she should get the hit well if you need someone to talk to iam here just message me! good luck and congradulations on your little surprise!!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 10:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My SIL's 15 yr old sister waited until she was 6 months along to fnially break down and tell my SIL. We had speculated amongst ourselves but she wouldn't admit it. She manged to hide it from her parents because she had spent 3 months in our town 2 hrs away from her parents. Well in early Aug she told us, we confirmed at the docs office and the doc office had a question about her insurance so she called her mom and said "oh by the way do you happen to know how far along she is?" That is not the way you want to go. They were terribly disappointed and angry at first but when the babies (yes twin girls) came in early sept, almost 2 months early, they were ecstatic and have helped her more than she ever thought they would.
    Anonymous