How do I stop my self from blowing my lid? Quick relief

This morning, my son was playing in the water, as my daughter was floating around the house, as my other daughter was singing to the younger daughter. Yes there is 4 of them. Ok, we are going to be late. I must have said 10x but they all dilly dally(fool around)...

Then I start screaming, help me get my life back in order, recently separated although we never married by law, it was common... Now what???? Yes, I do work....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• First of all, how old are your kids? You might try getting all of their clothes ready the night before, know what you are going to feed them in the morning, and set up a routine. At my house, clothes are chosen the night before, and when my kids get up, they head straight for the table to eat. After that it is time to get dressed. I still have to help them with that. Then, we wash faces, comb hair, brush teeth, get coats on and head out the door. I really think you just need a little more structure.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I go outside, yes even if it is cold outside, count to 10 and scream out there, compose myself and go back in. I also, before I reach this point try to make a game out of the morning. My son is horrible at getting ready so we get up 30 minutes earlier than we need to. He has a list of things he knows that he has to do for us to be out the door. If he can do it I stop at a gas station on the way to daycare and he gets a juice as a treat (usually apple). He is only 4 so I help alot. But if he dilly-daddles I stick to my guns and he gets no treat.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 10:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I just keep it all bottled in until we are all out the door. I pick out their clothes the day before and make sure their backpacks are ready. i wake them up and while they are dressing, I make them breakfast (usually cereal or oatmeal). I then go back in their room and yell at them because they are not dressed. Then I help them get dressed and they get their butts at the table. While they are eating, I pack their snacks. Then they are usual not completely finished with their breakfast (because of dilly dallying) when it is time to put their shoes on and get on the bus. The past two days my 7yo has not had her shoes on when the bus came so I just brought her to the bus with her shoes in her arms. They have 30 min to get up and get ready and it should be plenty of time. They won't wake up if I wake them up any earlier. The bus comes at 6:55...eww.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well I have 3 boys under the age of 6 and they are a hanful. I get aggravated a lot too. What I do when I feel myself getting very ill and want to scream at them.. I count backwards from ten and take a deep breath (I know it sounds crazy) but it really works. You will still be upset enough to punish them if they did something wrong, but not to the point you do something you would regret or that would hurt your child's feelings. Hope this helps! God Bless!
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010