how would you know if your water is leaking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i know it sounds really odd, but my water leaked when I was prego with my DD and I remembered ready in a pregnancy handguide to smell the fluid and if it has a sweet smell to it then it was more than likely amniotic fluid. Also I was very certain because my contractions picked up to about 5 mins apart. It felt like a gush of fluid, but then stopped, and happened again about 20 mins later. If you are unsure get checked to be on the safe side :) hope this helps!
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had it happen. It was a constant trickle. I was using a maxi pad to keep my underwear dry. It's a clear, shiny fluid. I didn't think it had an odor. If you think you are leaking call your doc/midwife. They will do a ph test and a ferning test.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• okay, thanks :) i was just wondering because ive had this like a lil worse then spotting dark dark red blood almost purplish looking with like a shiney tint to it l
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010