Did you get really HAPPY when your divorce was about to happen? Any advice on what to look for as problems?

menmy6

Asked by menmy6 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• It's not so bad. Just work out a parenting plan and make a great budget. Get a good support group. I was happier once I was out.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I've been divorced twice, once of my own accord, the other, a complete and total surprise to me.

The first - the surprise - I was devastated, but I went on with my life. Very happy now. It was just a part of my life that had to happen.

The second - my own doing - I felt so much better, but he was a gambler, alcoholic and was taking what was then called minithins at an alarming rate. I was waiting tables bringing home about $100 a night, the next day I would go to the grocery store to buy food for my 2 babies and no money. Cars were repossessed and utilities shut off and rent was behind. We made decent money, but he peed it all away. Definitely relieved to be out of that situation and to remove my boys from the stress as well.

What to expect will depend on how you two decide to handle it. My second, had a very addictive personality and still causes turmoil because he still loves me after 13 years.

Keilman1

Answer by Keilman1 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• All I can say is work together on issues that involve your children. It wasn't so bad in that aspect for us; his clinginess and vindictiveness is what was the issue but I'm happier not married to him and I tried to keep remembering that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have full custody and the judge stripped him of his visitation rights bc of his abusive behaviour.
    menmy6

Comment by menmy6 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Dec. 15, 2010