Do you ever think about what your DH would do if you passed away?

My husband is so quiet and shy that I am actually afraid that if I were to pass away that he would not know how to date or talk to women. This makes me nervous that he will never have any help raising our kids. I know it's weird, but I can't be the only one. Do you ever wonder about that kinda stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think about it all the time, as I worked in hospice. I would be very worried about his ability to care for himself and the kids. He can't seem to do anything on his own. I have arranged for my parents to take the kiddos if anything happens to me and DH is welcome to live with them or find his own place and visit with the kids whenever he wants. He is not intelligent and just couldn't manage on his own. If we had not been together since I was 16...well he wouldn't have been my first choice.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I worry about how he will adjust to having to do "everything". I don't make him do anything since he works and I am a SAHM. I just wonder how he would adapt to the changes
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Not really he is so great with our kids and I know our family and friends would be a great help to him... I stress about if he were to be the one who passes though
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No..I don't.. My SO is amazing with my little girls(they aren't his) and we are about to have a baby of our own.. He would do fine without me.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i worry about my kids...i'm a sahm and do alot more with the kids than he thinks...he works 10-12 hours a day so i know he'd need help from my mom or his
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband would raise our son just fine without any help. He is great father anyways. We have discussed this b/c we have WILL in place. He told me that he would never remarry b/c no one could make him happy like I do. :) Plus, for him remarrying would affect our son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• lol..you gus are super lucky than. my husband doesn't do anything around the house, and needs help with anything pertaining to the kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• @ mom2just1 do you mean you don't want him to remarry cause you think it will affect your son or do you mean thats what he said?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband is a quite adept at getting people to do what he wants. He'd have every Tom, Dick, & Harry we know driving kids around, shopping, cleaning for him. He's not afraid to ask for help, and something about him makes people want to help him. He's been like this since we met, so I have no doubt that he would be just fine if I died. I'm not saying he'd lift a finger, he'd just be good at getting everybody else to do it for him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Talk to your family and tell them to either help him with the kids or help him find a nice woman.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2010