If your DH/SO passed away today.. would you move on?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Eventually, I'm sure I would. However, there'd always be a large piece of my heart missing.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It would be hard and I dont think i would be able to move on right away but I would move on as time went by.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would not move on to another man but I would move on with life. I feel like I was meant to live alone (happily). I would miss DH and it would be hard to get on without him.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It would be very difficult but yes after the greiving process, I would move on, what is the alternative? You have to continue/move on.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Eventually but it would take a long time, I would be devastated.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Of course I would move on, life goes on whether we want it to or not. That and we have children, wouldn't be fair to them for me to just curl up in my own mourning and forget about them
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Eventually..... but nopt for a long long time. It makes me sad just thinking about it.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Just the thought of that makes me want to lay down and die! My dh would want me to go on, but I would probably never marry again as no one could ever fill his shoes in my heart.
    Keilman1

Answer by Keilman1 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, and I would want him to do the same. For me, moving on does not mean finding someone else (though, I would not have a problem with him doing so), it means going on with life. We have two daughters that would need the other parent to be stong if they lost one of us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'd feel really funny moving on. I can't say that I would or I wouldn't, because I don't think about that. I try to live in the now, That's one of our mistakes. Living in the past or living too far ahead into the future can be a bad thing. That's my opinion. It's the love and the intimacy that I share with my husband... I can't picture myself doing that with another man. If I were to ever find love again, it probably would be a couple of years down the road. My husband is one of a kind. I'm going to enjoy him for as long as I can.
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010