Where is heaven?

What and where do you explain about heaven to your children, believers and non-believers?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 11:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What does "in your heart" mean? In the four chambers pumping blood? It means with GOD, where ever GOD is. Like an alternate reality or something There in the midst of us but hidden from us.

For a child, I would make it easy and say in the sky where we can't see it. Don't burden a kid with too much to handle. They will understand better in time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I believe Heaven is...somewhere else. I know that doesn't make sense, but I don't know how else to describe it. It is not so much a physical place, not somewhere that we can find on a map. And I don't believe it is up in the sky. It just is.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Heaven is a place where there is no pain or suffering. No wants or desiers, it is everlasting warmth and peace.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It is in our imaginations, in our hopeful,child-like existence.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• To my children I just say it is a wonderful place where all our loved ones will see each other again and we will see the face of God....I tell them that I have never been there, so I don't know where it is or what it looks like, so then we use our imaginations and hope and describe it ourselves....I don't usually talk about heaven to anyone else...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Heaven is here, in my House and in my Life. My own personal Heaven, is here with my Husband and Our Son. As far as where we go when we die..you never really know and that is what my Husband and I plan to tell Our Son - along with what others believe.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I believe there is an afterlife.. heaven, eh maybe.

My daughters, 5 & 3, have chosen on their own to believe there is a heaven and they say it is up, where God is.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't, and won't explain it to my children until they have questions. Then I will simply answer them as best I can. However, my belief in "Heaven" isn't a Christian one. I believe in the "Elysian Fields" which is a spiritual place and on a different plain of existence. It's not a physical "where" but a spiritual one - I've always felt Heaven was the same way, it's not a physical place, there is no need for it to be because our physical bodies die & rot... It's only our spirits that move on.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When my kids were young, they never asked.  They're teenagers now and don't need to ask.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am an atheist who believes, not necessarily in heaven, but in the Other Side. The spirit world that is parallel to ours and just out of our sight. As for all other heavens, well, we know gods/goddesses don't live in the sky heaven, because we have space ships and satellites that watch every conceivable aspect of our earthly heavens. We have sent space vehicles out into the cosmos and beyond our own solar system. We have telescopes that can see galaxies many light years away from earth. And none of them have seen anything like heaven. So I think that heaven, or the Other Side, is along side THIS side, and that life continues in the sea of universal energy there. But that's only what I have surmised from the spiritual experiences that I have had in my life.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2010