When should I talk to my son about sex??

When is it to early to have this conversation??

elle2hot4u

Asked by elle2hot4u at 11:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's never too early to talk about it in age-appropriate terms.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• There is no such thing as to early! The earlier the better! My kids are 3 & 4 and we've already started~

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• This day and time it's never too early
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I never got a sex talk and ended up getting raped. I was molested twice before 10 and raped at 13. My daughter recently asked me what sex is. She is 8. she was molested by my baby daddy's dad while my baby daddy was in the hospital. I had no idea until we moved out. He used his hands to defile her. I hate him but I chose to tell her because she wanted to know. My son has not asked me yet. He is 7. I think probably 10 is a good year. Kids are having sex younger and younger and if they know the consequences then maybe they will be more careful. How old is he? Has he asked you?
    anjelita_bella

Answer by anjelita_bella at 11:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Talk early!! Start with the private places talk, so they know what bad touching is, to keep them safe. Work up to sew with maturity level. But DO TELL! Let them know, so they know when and if someone goes to far. And make sure they know it's OK to say "No" to touch!!!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• As soon as he is old enough to understand.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I do agree that it is never to early although I might not start talking until they start asking questions. Make sure you talk in age appropriate terms. I told my oldest when he was 10. He started asking a lot of questions and we felt it was time. Same thing with my middle one. My DD is 9 and we have not told her everything, although we have talked about some things.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• With sons, thats Dad territory
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2010