Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would be my options...

I am unhappy with my marriage, but the only thing anyone ever says ( on here and in my family) say just to leave him...

But really how would that make things better, how would that work ?

I am a stay at home mom to two little kids, i don't know how to drive, no work experiance, no family members who would allow me and the kids to stay with them, and my husband family is full of lawyers, which I could bet will help him to get full custody and I would never beable to live knowing he was with them alone ( he is abusive --- but these lawyer family members also helped his drug addicted 65 year old mother adopt 2 kids, so I have no doubt that the courts will be on his side) ....

what am I suppose to do ?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • I just have two questions. If your husband is abusive, why haven't you pressed charges on him? Do you really think it's worth working it out with someone who is abusive?

    Answer by Nanixh at 11:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • I did once .... I called the cops right after it happened... I had a bloody noce and you could see his hand prints on me..... 2 cops came and while one was writing down what I was saying the other was out standing with my husband talking and laughing ( like they were telling jokes) ...... nothing was ever done and the paper work "vanished" when my mom got me my own lawyer ....

    He told me after that, that I will never have the kids and if I tried it again he would take them away and i would never see them again....

    I am not going to risk him being able to take them ...

    but it hurts when my family gets mad at me but they just dont understand !

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Well, I would say that you haven't pressed charges because all of his family are lawyers. I would try and find a job that would be my 1st thing I would do. Then I would save up money until I had enough to get out on my own. I also would try and contact a womens shelter and try to get out that way if he's abusive. Do you ever have any marks or is it just verbally abusive? This is a hard one to deal with. I wish you all the best in howeber you can handle it.

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Keep calling the freaking police. dont sit back and be a freaking punishing bag! Do you really want your kids to pick up on this and learn this is how women are treated? Stop making excuses and get the fuck out of there. BTW no one in his family can be his lawyer for the divorce because it's family and its personal so any judge will make him get a non related lawyer

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • mho if he is abusive towards you and the kids i would look into WEAVE... its for women in abusive relationships they help you get out of that and get back on your feet... they kind of "hide" you

    Answer by nancy121308 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.