Good Lord.......

When will these people stop!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/09/kansas.edwards.picket/index.html

Asked by older at 11:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • That IS sick.
    One paragraph includes this: Phelps says "You can't preach the Bible without the Hatred of God." or something similar. Yikes!!!
    What could he possibly find to hate Elizabeth Edwards for??? SHe doesn't deserve God's hate or the church's hate. How horrible.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That soldier should have been allowed to complete his mission.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• "You can't preach the Bible without preaching the hatred of God."

WHAT??? This guy and his followers have lost it! I'm not supposed to judge but when it's time for God's judgement, I wouldn't want to be Phelps...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wow...that is amazing......I am shocked that someone is going to picket a funural! I feel so bad for that family and the family's of the soldiers that they went to as well. That is just so wrong.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hopefully they will get the Oklahoma treatment when they try.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I sent an email to the NC State Captain of the Patriot Guard to petition their chapter to go to the funeral to "protest the protesters." You can look up Patriot Guard and the State captains to get his email and do the same if you wish. If I lived there i would go.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• What a bunch of losers.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 3:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I live in NC just east of Raleigh. One of the teachers at my school was friends with the Edwards' son Wade who was killed at the age of 16 or 17 while in high school. She knew Elizabeth Edwards and thought a lot of her. She is going to the funeral. I told her this morning about the picketing. She started crying. I didn't know she would have that reaction, but I understand it. What did Elizabeth Edwards do that warrants the Westboro Baptist Church to come to town? If they have something to say about John Edwards......picket his funeral.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That man and his church of hate need to go and perform a Jonestown. They should appease their angry god by sacrificing themselves.

I agree jbenskert.....

***

So you SUPPORT the drinking of poisonous Kool Aid?! And yet, when some of us conservatives suggested that Obama supporters were all (still) drinking the Kool-Aid, we were called everything from racist, to fear-mongers, to lacking compassion, and so forth!!

I guess when YOU think it's an appropriate use of the reference, it's all good...but don't dare say anything about "The One!" Pfft.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010