questions

Am I the only one bypassing all of these religion and politics questions? They usaully end up in an online brawl. So I just skip most of them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sure you aren't but debate is a very logical way to get the information out. There are debate questions in parenting also. Nothing wrong with a debate. Some people do go off sometimes.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If the poster is a Known ShitStirrer, avoid the question.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I like a good debate unless it starts getting personally insulting then they loose all credibility to me.

Answer by older at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• lol No. I answer the ones that truly seem like they want an answer. The ones that read like they're just trying to stir up trouble I skip.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I enjoy the religious ones more than the P&CE section, but I don't like how a handful of people seem to be at each others throats all the time. I think most of the P&CE is full of 'mean girls'. Few people really seem to know how to debate without attacking, so I find that frustrating and sometimes don't bother. I participate in all the debate sections when I'm in the mood though--just depends on the day and the types of questions I see. Often it depends how the question is worded and if it's a topic I'm interested in whether I choose to answer or not. I often skip ones that sound really stupid (IMO) or sound like they are just trying to get people upset or spread lies and propaganda. There are a few people I often agree with and a few others that I often disagree with, but I RESPECT how they debate and make their points. The hateful people make it hard to have healthy debate and communication with everyone else.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It does appear that the bullies and shite stirrers congregate in the religion sections. They must get off flexing their over- inflated ego. How sad.

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 3:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• eah, it seems that the only place I see or hear arguments is HERE at Cafe Mom. Not in real life. ANd,yeah,this doesn't look like "real life" here.Real life is more positive,polite and upbeat. So,I have decided to just "read", no comments.

***

When will the latter be starting?!  :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't mind them but I would rather not see the same ones over and over and over again.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I skip the religious ones most of the time. I am a relativist when it comes to religion unless that religion includes stoning, chopping off heads and killing infidels.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I agree with itsmesteph....
    I like to debate, and as long as things stay civil, I love to chat about issues. But when people start getting nasty and start name calling, I say something. Its uncalled for, really. And I'm not going to avoid a topic just because some women came in here with PMS.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010