Why do some religious people feel it is ok to force others to follow their beliefs by rule of law?

I live in Cali and Prop 8 passed and I just can't understand why some people think it's ok to force their beliefs on others.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 10:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This country was founded on those beliefs.
    Anonymous

• I'm a Christian and NO I do not think it is right at all!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I dont' get it either. I find it very sad that in today's world discrimination is still accepted and taught. But, our day will come.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 10:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I dunno what prop 8 is.. but it is just that our country was founded on God and Feel it should stay that way..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• our country was founded on the basis of Freedom of Religion due to Religious Persecution from the government of England.

So it's OK to persecute others now?
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have NO DOUBT that gay marriage will eventually be legal everywhere in the USA. We are the next Sodom and Gomorrah. Whatever feels good, do it!

Anonymous

• all the documents say God, not which God. How do you know it's the Christian one?
    Anonymous

• More people need to get out and vote, it's not only( some) religious people who are homophobic and don't want equal rights. There are still some plain old idiotic people out there.

Anonymous

• One day, every knee shall bow, every tongue confess....
    Anonymous

I disagree, our country was founded on freedom. The founders were not all Christian, you know.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008