Seems like the Dems are Bucking Obama

I just heard on the radio that they are not going to bring up the tax compromise in it's Obama form. So now they are betting they can has it out before the Christmas break. I don't like the deal but it sure seems it's the Dems who are putting their egos in front of what's really "good for the middle class".
Are you happy about this?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Good for them! They are realizing that sticking to Obama's agenda isn't going to win them any favor from citizens of United States.

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think Dems are behaving like spoiled children right now. If they actually listened to the American people they would be compromising and extending the tax cuts. They are calling Repubs hostage takers and terrorists over this issue really disgusts me what is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• They are calling Repubs hostage takers and terrorists over this issue really disgusts me what is going on.

It was a comparison used to make the "situation" clear... The repubs stated (in a threat) they would not sign the benefit extension unless obama and the dems would extend the tax cuts.... obviously that is a "hostage" type move... As far as bucking Obama, sure the dems are pissed because we know the Bush tax cuts didn't create any jobs before and they won't now. This type of "working across the aisle" will only keep the nation stagnant without much progress towards the goal of job growth and reducing the deficit.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Come January the Republican can pass this without Dems and then it will be up to Obama to sign it. Obviously he would
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Comment by itsmesteph11/Come January the Republican can pass this without Dems and then it will be up to Obama to sign it. Obviously he would.

By then, the higher tax tables will be in place for them to take more $$$ from us; many of us are going to be hit with higher h/c costs in Jan, also. Obama knows this, if he really wants to help, he will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to stop this tax increase; if not, which is what I expect, he is simply holding to his progressive agenda to further break us and our country down... I hope you are right, Itsmesteph… :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think there could have been a better compromise... The plan isn't 100% what I like, but I haven't seen Dems who disagree with it, present anything else... They have had 2 years to iron out a plan... They KNEW this day was coming. They have been in charge of the House/Senate for how long??? Waiting till the last minute, when this could have been determined a while ago? Why? Because EVEN many DEMS wanted to extend the Bush Tax Cuts... They wanted to pin it all on the Repubs.... It's a politcal game.... Political Posturing.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope. Sorry, but something HAS to give. I think the Democrats are making a huge mistake.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Bush tax cuts didn't create any jobs before and they won't now.

50+ weeks of growth record revenues low unemployment. Sounds like it must have created some jobs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, if your azz voted for the idiot in the f****** White House, you don't deserve a job????????????????????????????????????????????????

Come on people.

Enough with the gimmee s.
    It's enough already.
    Why should some hard working man have to fork over his blood sweat and tears so some woman with 5 kids she has no hope of caring for properly so she can get a cell phone for free?

And then she has the audacity to slime her useless azz to the polls to vote for her some "hope and change"?

Screw all these people and politicians and their "cradle to the grave" mentality.

Dems are a bunch of enablers so they can stay in office.
    Gross.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010