Smell...of the V...?? adult content

My husband, after 5 years of marriage, has been beating around the bush lately, complaining about my "smell." I am an extremely clean person. I know what my vagina smells like...I keep that in check always. He is just one of those guys...unlike ANY other guy I've been with, who isn't "in to" the smell of a vagina. Well, it irritates me. Guys in my past have been turned on by the natural smell. He has always cracked jokes about it. I've just blown it off. But he seems to be getting more outspoken about it. He actually made a rude remark about it. I have heard that douches create more problems. Not sure what to do here...very akward situation. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow.. that doesnt sound very nice. .I would just tell him if he doesn't like your smell then stay away from it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i agree with superrmommyy
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 11:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Maybe a spray for undergarments is better than actually doing a douche for you? But I do agree with the poster above..
    JesF419

Answer by JesF419 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Is it all the time, during sex, during oral sex?

If it is an all the time deal, you can try what Jes suggested and use a feminine deodorant. During sex, a feminine deodorant may make you dry down there, so I would try a product called "sphincterine". It is a natural cleanser that tingles, and smells like peppermint. You can only order it online though. During oral sex, have you tried an edible lubricant? That makes things smell and taste good.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Agree with first response.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. For sure.
    BShip2010

Answer by BShip2010 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My goodness. Your husband needs to realize that a certain natural odor comes from your vagina. What does he think it should smell like?

I've known that the smell is a little different or strong when I have my period, and I just spray in my undergarments to help with that.

Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Its very rude. Everyone has some kind of a smell but it shouldn't be bad either. Whether its bad or not he shouldn't be rude your his wife not a hooker. It seems my s/o doesn't care if im fresh out of the shower or not. I can't keep his face away. My ex before him was like this as well. I guess part of really loving someone is being attracted to their scent as well.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• ANd since you mentioned every other guy you have been with didn't say anything or have a problem then its his problem not yours. Tell him his balls stink lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010