How do you keep your kids from getting sick?

I'm getting sick. It seems to be just a cold. When you are sick, what do you do to keep your kids from getting it?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 11:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• All you can do is try to make sure they get plenty of sleep, plenty of vitamin C, and a balanced diet. Try to boost their immune system as much you can but, if a virus wants in, it's going to get in. It's hard to keep a germ from spreading =(
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Lock them in a bubble?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I try to make sure they get a balanced diet and a vitamin. Plus give the opportunity for plenty of sleep.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oh that's a hard one. Wash your hands frequently. Wash their hands frequently. :) Wipe down common surfaces with something like the Lysol or Clorox wipes.

And then the other stuff that's been said already. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I make sure my son gets plenty of sleep, drinks a lot of water, limited sugar, lots of healthy foods, and washes his hands regularly.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My dd has been taking Primadophilis chewable tablets for a year now, and hasnt gotten sick at all. This probiotic is wonderful!!! It helps boost the immune system and helps get rid of bad stuff in the intestinal tract. You can buy this at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section for $5.99-$6.99 for a 30 day supply. (by the way, dd used to get up to 6 colds a year & since she's been taking this, no colds)
    Hope this helps you out :)
    oliveoyl214

Answer by oliveoyl214 at 7:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• YES! Where do I get one?
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well she gets plenty of sleep... And a balanced diet... I'll get some vitamins today! Thank you!
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I still nurse my son (almost 3) and it helps that he gets the antibodies that I'm producing to fight off the illness through my milk. Other than that, just vitamins, hand washing and eating healthy.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2010