Why do people answer a question when they have no idea what their talking about?

So i asked this ? the other day: Were you adopted & are you happy that you were? Would you adopt yourself?I was adopted at age 5 & looking back it was the best thing that ever happened to me. And my hopes are that i will be able to adopt as well.

Anonymous replies with: There's no way for you to actually know for sure if its the "Best thing that ever happened" to you. You didn't grow up with your original family so there' s nothing to compare it to. All you know is being adopted. Vote it down if you want. You all know its true. I can bet everyone who voted it down is an adoptive parent!

Seriously how are you gonna answer if you have no idea what your talking about or have any facts. You don't know my background or why i know for a fact it was the best thing that happened to me. Sorry this just bothered me that someone can act like they know everything when they weren't even in my shoes. jeeeesh

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow.. she sounds like a bitch!! Some people just answer just to start a fight.

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That is an anon for you!

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I believe those are called "troll" posts. Just ignore it and go on to the others.

Answer by m-avi at 11:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• All you have to do it ignore it. You'll get those type of women on here all the time.

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Just to much time on their hands and trying to fit in.

Answer by voni681 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• why'd I get thumbs down? I was agreeing that she was being snarky, but their was some valid point in that. How would you personally know if getting adopted had been the best choice for you without having any idea what life would have been like had you not been adopted? Its a valid point.

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Just ignore it, you are happy and that's all that counts. I would love to adopt also when my kids get a little older.

Answer by arenad at 12:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I get some of those "scaredy cats" as I like to call them. They always have something negative to say about anything.

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Some people are just naturally contrary. I usually don't pay much attention to anons. Ignore it, you know how you feel you don't need someone else to merit it for you.

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It sounds logical to me. I don't think she meant to be mean.