Bed wetting problem

My 6 year old daughter has had a problem with bed wetting for the past month. My husband and I don't understand why. she never has had a problem before. We make her go potty before bed and we make sure she doesn't drink a lot. What could be another reason she is wetting the bed?

Momma_A4

Asked by Momma_A4 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Stress? Over tired? Scared about something? UTI .. if she takes bubble baths that could be it. Call your doctor.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If she has grown recently that might be the problem. I know my girlfriends son usually starts having accidents when he grows. One other question I would ask is if she is acting differently at all. Sometimes when kids are being bullied or hurt in some way and they don't know how to talk about it, it comes out in different ways. I'm not trying to scare you, you just might want to talk to her.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Some kids regress and can start wetting the bed again if their adenoids are too large. You might consider talking to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor to evaluate the need to maybe have them taken out.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• have you taken her to the doctor?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• stress, life changes... id talk to her to see if something is bothering her.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Maybe she's growing and her sleep patterns are changing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010