Why so PETTY? (semi-rant/vent)

I have been reading all the posts arguing and whining about who "can" celebrate what holiday and other such nonsense. Tell the truth, is it REALLY so hard to just have a Happy Holiday Season?

This is supposed to be a season of good will towards one another and of celebrations. 

Christians ... Christmas is NOT the only holiday celebrated during December so pull the candy cane out of your arse and get over it. You do not own this time of year (or any other for that matter). If you get wished a "Happy Holiday" ... ACCEPT IT! Tell them "Merry Christmas" in return. Would that be so difficult? Celebrate Christmas and leave everyone else to their holidays. 

Non-Christians ... and you can stop getting your knickers in knots as well. We know the early church were blood-thirsty murderers and thieves. We know they "borrowed" many traditions already in place and claimed them as their own. We also know there are many Christians today that refuse to accept the history of their holidays so there is really no need to keep beating your head against a brick wall, it will eventually cause brain damage. 

Really, the continued pettiness about who gets to celebrate what sort of kills the meaning of the season. Why not argue/debate over which Christmas song is better ... you all will lose because "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" are the BEST. Also for the record, the BEST Christmas movies are Bad Santa (uncut version), A Christmas Story, Jingle All the Way, Scrooged and Lethal Weapon

I wish everyone a Joyous and Love-filled Holiday Season! May your holidays be merry and bright. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 12:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• We are all the SAME. Why, why why can't everyone see this. It doesn't make any difference. We are doing it because for some reason we like arguing with each other.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• clapping  Thank You!

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry but Baby it's Cold Outside is teh Best Christmas song ever.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• However, I strongly disagree that those are the best movies, because you left out National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. :)~
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That was so well said. I agree that everyone needs to get over themselves and jus celebrate the season for what it is. A time to bring joy and happiness to others.

I think we lost that along the way.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• People have to be petty because miserable people have a need to make others miserable as well. It's their lifelong dream for everyone to be as completely miserable as they are.

A Christmas Story is the most awesome movie ever! I love it because it's the only movie that really makes my dad laugh. I love to hear him laugh. :D
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all; and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2002, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishees. (con't)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just celebrate whatever they want, wish everyone else a Happy or Merry Whatever, and just have a lovely end of the year?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well said!!! Thank you for posting this. I was going to post something similar. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Spiritedwitch, Jingle Bell Rock and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree are good, but I like O Holy Night, and when I was a little girl, The Little Drummer Boy was my favorite!

When I opened this post I thought you might be talking about the pettiness in general, but like you, I am tired of this whole issue. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy (late) Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever! Oh, and you can all wish me a Happy Graduation, because I graduate next week as a Registered Nurse, a path I began in 2005.

Best wishes, all!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2010