need urgent advice

What do you do when your baby is screaming bloody banchie murder and you have done everything to soothe your baby that includes feeding burping rocking changing its butt and wrapping it up

lonemom1987

Asked by lonemom1987 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• If your baby cries for more than an hour its probably something else, thats where I would call the nurse

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Go for a walk...the change in temperature might help. Run a vacuum or blowdryer. Most babies like the sound because it mimics all the sounds they heard while in the womb.

Have you tried the 5 S's? Those always seem to work.

Binky.

Wrap or sling them and then do lunges.
    Good luck momma!!!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• How old and made teething and then use teething gel. Maybe still hundry if all else fails call a doctor.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• 5 S's
    Swaddling. This is the art of snuggly wrapping your baby to provide warmth and security. Babies are often calmed when they are wrapped tightly as this sort of mimics the way the baby felt in the womb. Swaddling is one of the most effective ways to calm and quiet your fussy baby.

* Side/Stomach position. You place your baby, while holding her, either on her left side to assist in digestion, or on her stomach to provide reassuring support.

* Shushing. Most parents do this; they just don't do it loud enough. The shushing is the normal "shah" noise that we all instinctively make when a baby cries, but babies really do like this noise. This noise mimics the noise in the womb, so babies will feel calm and safe.

* Swinging. Swinging, whether it's in the arms of the parent or in an infant swing.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• How old?> My son had colic so he would do this in 3 hour spurts - I just cried and rocked him and rocked him and bounced him -not much you can really do.... the 5's worked sometimes so its worth a shot!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Our vacuum scares him he will be 5 months come the twentieth
    lonemom1987

Comment by lonemom1987 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oh and where I live the weather would give him a pneumonia the air is wet and cold
    lonemom1987

Comment by lonemom1987 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• A warm bath?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oh, I feel for you. I would try a ride in the car, a vibrating swing, putting the infant seat on the washing machine or dryer and turn it on if you don't have a vibrating swing.

If that fails call the nurse, and see what they suggest. One time one of my boys scratched his cornea with a fingernail and it was only seen after they put dye drops in his eye and used a pen light to see it.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my daughter did that but she had uti problems as a young baby . so it may be something more to it and your child is trying to tell you its something. i would take the child to the drs. it could also be colic
    morbid_love19

Answer by morbid_love19 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010