Paranormal Activity

My 9 year old daughter wants to watch the paranormal activity movies (1 and 2). I have watched them and I think they are kind of scary, lol. But my husband thinks they are stupid. Should me and my husband let our 9 year old daughter watch them? We told her they are fake and she doesn't believe in ghosts. Would you let you kids watch it?

Momma_A4

Asked by Momma_A4 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Why not? I am sure she has watched scarier movies......

Answer by older at 12:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Personally, I wouldn't, but that's just my opinion.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• depends on HER...you know her better than us.

Personally, I did not think they were scary.
    She may just get bored! I mean it's not like they are action packed or anything. There isn't any blood involved or whatnot so...if you think she can handle ghost stories then go for it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sounds like my DD and her bff, who are 11 & 12 now. But they have loved scary movies for years. They are always trying to get either family to take them to scary movies. BFF's mom just won't. I would rather not as I don't really care for them. DH will if he's in the mood.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on your daughter. I've only seen the first one and it did freak me out a little, I thought it was much more realistic then most horror movies and I LOVE horror movies and dont usually get scared by them at all. But my daughter is 10 and scares easily so I would NOT show it to her or I'd be fighting with her just to stay in her room alone. You just never know how they will react sometimes so I think its better to wait till like 14....imo.
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 7:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010