How do I get my 3 yr old to use the bathroom?

My daughter is 3 and I've been trying to get her to use the potty chair for two weeks now...well longer but she hasn't worn a diaper in two weeks. I put her in cloth panties all day and diapers only at night. She pees all over the house and never in the chair. I don't know what to do other then invest in cleaners.

mamapeeler

Asked by mamapeeler at 12:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe let her watch her favorite movie or even tell her she can get a surprise. Not sure if it will work on a 3 year old but it won't hurt to try.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• we did the bribe thing...she peed the first day and we took her to Chuckie Cheese but nothing since I will try the movie thing thanks.
    mamapeeler

Comment by mamapeeler (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Maybe let her have control of it. My son potty trained himself at 3 years and 2 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Kids are ready when they are ready, not a minute before. Step back awhile and try again. Don't let her know this makes you crazy or she will use it against you!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my 3y old is trying to put a pull up on now i keep changing the subject , 3 0ut of 6 no the potty isn't bad my floors are not liking this lol !! all kids are diff i have 4 all the others where trained before 2 this one is stubborn !!TRY not to show frustration.... when thay are ready they do it!!
    beens502

Answer by beens502 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Take her to the bathroom when she first wakes up and every hour after that, if she doesn't go you can take her sooner. Cheer, clap.. do anything you can to show her how proud you are of her. My friend used to give her son 1 M&M for #1, and 2 M&Ms for #2.
    My son is 4 (with Down syndrome) and he knows when he has to go but if we don't take him, he will just go in his diaper/pull up. He will not wear underwear for us.
    Goood luck
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I offered stickers and three M&M everytime my Daughter used the potty. The stickers would go in a chart so she could see how good she was doing.
    cinnamontime

Answer by cinnamontime at 1:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010