Any advice... struggling

In my teen years i had a reputation of being a bitch. I will not deny that yes, i did not put up with non-sense then and i still don't. It hurts my feelings that a lot of people think i'm miserable just because i'm not the tee-hee type of girl. I don't know if it's because people expect me to be like that because i look prissy and in actuality i'm not... I love to have fun and go out, but i am responsible about it... is that just a turn off for friends, that i have common sense... and realize that i have a family at home? I've settled down a lot since starting a family but people think i need to lighten up... how do i do this. I want to be more fun loving and free spirited, I try but i feel like my past is haunting me and not letting me be the person that i want to be.

Natasha765

Asked by Natasha765 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• are you talkin about people you aleady know or people you meet? If people won't like you for who you are, they'e not worth your time.You shouldn't have to change for anyone else. unless of course it's really destructive behavior
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No, not destructive behavior at all... more in a sense that they think that i can't have fun...
    Natasha765

Answer by Natasha765 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• One thing I would suggest is not sweat the little things and remember to enjoy life. I have found that enjopying life to me is playing with my kids and husband. If they make a mess in the process...So what. Enjoy the moment and the moment wiill make memories that will make you giggle oin the future.

Also try doing just on a wim or is it whim...Like if you normally on a family night go to a certain restaurant go to have fun somwhere else. Or surprise your hubby by taking him to his favorite place...Just remember...Don't sweat the little things...Oh and learn to laugh at yourself...It makes life fun...I hope this helped!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Just remember, we only get one go-round in this life. If you were told tomorrow that you had 6 months to live, what would you want to do? What memories would you want to make? What memories would you want to leave behind? What would be important to you? Would you rather your child remembers that you kept a spotless house? or that you jumped into bed with them and sang silly songs? Play. Play like a child, free of care and worries, even if it's only for 15 minutes a day...set aside that time to forget mortgages and electric bills and just play with your family. Take mini vacations by taking a day trip around the back roads in your area that you haven't explored. When you find yourself getting stressed about something, ask yourself if it will matter 30 days from now. If not, let it go.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2008