Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband taking his mothers word over mine

Okay I've been having issues with a stalker. Yes I have tried getting a stalking injunction and/or restraining order. I can't do shit because they guy isn't appearing to be a threat or stalker. (Yeah I just see him where ever I go and he lives 20 minutes fro me....) Anyways I've been talking to the police for a month now and my husband is acting like I'm not doing anything.
He's mother has a job at the court house in the city next to me all she is in charge of is keeping files updated and payments on fines, nothing else. She's telling her soon that I'm not doing enough and that she can get me the stuff but when I talk to her she just gave me advise on what to do which was the stuff I already tried. She's making me look bad and now my husband acts like I'm lying and putting of kids in danger. Hell I'm even getting a fucking gun. I carry a knife and pepper spray with me where ever I freaking go. I'm just about reading to use that knife on him the next time I see him.
I'm tied of my husband taking his stupid mothers side over mine. It's been like this our whole marriage. He's a fucking mama's boy that refuses to take the boob out of his mouth.


Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Level 43 (154,356 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Normally you have to show 2 proofs in stalking, document with pics where you go with camera that dates and times, and that you feel threaten for you and your children and if you have been to a dr. for meds regarding anxiety or depression because of this. Your the one who will have to bring him up on charges and that you do not feel safe. I had to do this with my ex husband girlfriend. Leave your MIL out of it. If she informs her son then she is breeching confidentiality.

    Answer by nwaskie at 1:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Make your husband go with you when your doing all this stuff so he can SEE that you are doing stuff himself.,

    Answer by Misteh at 12:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010


    Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • If he is amamas boy,trust me they don't change. I have had a few of those myself.

    Answer by dancer at 1:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Make sure pepper spray is legal in your area. You may have to get a tazer gun or something legal. Pepper spray in illegal in many places. I'd document all I've done and put dates and times and names of people at the police station I've talked with to show hubby and the Court if necessary what all you have done.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Nothing worse than a mama's boy except the mama!

    I think I would tell him to cut the apron strings and get a little tape recorder and start taking that in your coat pocket when you have your conversations with the dear mil ; ) Good luck!

    Answer by spottedpony at 1:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • anon are you fucking stupid or something? Where does is it fucking say I was talking to a guy? NO WHERE Open your eyes before you open your big fuckin dumb mouth

    Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

  • were you just saying you were talking with some guy is he the stalker your refereing too? It is possible you lead him on and that is why he is stalking. Maybe ask your MIL for more info on it or go to her work and talk to her about it. As for your husband being a mama's boy that really sucks and wont change sadly..

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010