citation for barking?

Have you or a family member or a friend ever gotten a citation for your pets?
Do you know what endeed up happening?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 12:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pets

• I think that unless there is an ordinance banning certain pets (pitbulls in some areas, chickens in some too.) then there is not much they can do. You might be fined if your dog barks too loud during certain hours (town ordinances can restrict noise levels.)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope I've never nor any one I know has ever gotten a citation for a barking dog. We make sure our dogs aren't driving our neighbors crazy. I even have a neighbor who has four pugs and three hunting dogs and they do a great job at keeping them from barking at all hours of the day. I think if you or someone you know got one then yes the dog is barking to much. What happens most of the time is you pay a fine and the court might order you to keep the dog in-doors or make it wear a bark collar.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• These are two little MINIATURE dogs, I live in Florida, and it's 45 degrees outside right now! The dogs bark from 6~7am until about 9:30pm EVERY SINGLE DAY! I did make a complaint with the local Animal Control, and they gave them a citation on 1 DEC!!! DH and I got home from vacation, Tuesday night (7 Dec), and they were outside barking, yesterday, they were barking: 8am, 10am, 12pm (they bark for 15~30 minutes and stop, then bark again 15 minutes or so later!!!). They have been barking all this morning! GRRR!!!
    PS. I am 7 months pregnant, and I am about to have a screaming new born in my home, I don't need to hear these dogs barking, I can hear them in my master bedroom (upstairs, because they wake me up!), I canhear them in my living room, I can hear them in the kitchen (I live 3 houses down from them!!!), I can hear them with the shower turned on and the fan on!!! I AM FED UP!!!
    And, YES, we went and talked to them!
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think you have been patient, and there is nothing more annoying or inconsiderate than a neighbor in close proximity who leaves dogs to bark outside their home.

I would start by giving these owners either a neutral, polite phone call asking them to please change their ways, or even a note in the mail that can be dropped anon. if you wish. And if that doesn't change things, then I would alert your local officials. They can be fined for breaking either disturbing the peace, or anti-nuisance ordinances. Every city/town/village has different definitions, but in most cases they would be ordered to pay a fine.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Rather people getting "barking citations"..should be "neglect of animals"..I'm sorry, but if ANYONE's dog is barking THAT much---they are neglecting their babies >:(

If I ever heard a dog bark that much--I wouldn't contact "animal control"..but rather local animal cruelty department..at least for a "warning"...

I suggest---if they citate for barking, don't get me started on how loud children can be if you live in apartments--:( yet THOSE citations never happen.
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The local animal control is apart of the humane society.
    They told me today that issuing a Citation is just like issuing a driving ticket, you have to go to court, pay a fee, etc!
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• call the city. i had my back neighbor tell my mother while i was on vacation that my dog needs to be brought in. so i brought him in at nights. he showed up again and this time to me he said he needed jack brought in during the day. oh i'm sorry my mother said at night. which i did. so i would bring him in but i lived with my old father who would let jack out even though he knew he shouldn't.i wasn't home during the day as i worked so had no control over this. i was facing a $2500 fine. bark collars didn't work so i gave my dog to a rescue to rehome for me. i still miss that dog and we moved shortly after. if i had known that was going to happen i would of kept poor jack. i think the city would do more to enforce this barking issue.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• our dogs bark if some one comes to the door or pee or feed me they stay on the back porch
    they no if they bark i tell enought and they stop
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Any dog barks if someone comes around their territory. Someone walks to my fenced in backyard, my dog will bark! It's natural! But they stop, either when they see the perpetrator leaves or the owner shuts them up!
    These dogs bark incessantly at NOTHING!!!
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010