Am I the only one who hates shaving my legs??

emturner

Asked by emturner at 10:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!

I'm a plus sized gal...and we have no sides on our shower (it's one of the stand-up kinds). I'm also eight and a half months pregnant. There's nothing for me to prop my legs on except the side of the shower.

So there I am, propping one leg up, squishing my dear little daughter in my belly, trying not to slip and fall and kill myself, dragging a half-blunt razor across my swollen legs just so I can feel better about myself.

*sigh*

The things we do for vanity!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• YES! The only good thing about winter-- long pants!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• OMG, I HATE it! My legs are SO sensative, and since I'm preggo I can't soak in hot water for as long as I'd like to. So whenever I shave my legs get torn up and they itch like crazy, even after I put lotion on. I'm only shaving once a week or two now! lol.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Nair, ladies! It was my best friend towards the end of my preganancies!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'e tried nair pre-pregnancy. I guess my hair is too thick, it doesn't do ANYTHING for me. lol.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yeah, Nair doesn't seem to do much for me either. It takes off some of the hair, not all of it, no matter how long I leave it on. And it's given me weird rashes sometimes too : / I mean, I'm not knocking because I know it does in fact work very well for some people, but it just isn't my thing.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My hair is really thick too, but I just had to leave it on longer than suggested. Be ready with the aloe, though, it can burn your skin a little! But when I got "great with child" it was either that or have a forest on my legs (which only bothered me when I had OB/GYN appts!).
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My husband did offer to shave my legs, but I was afraid I'd need a blood transfusion if I let him!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• LOL Mishelly! I wish nair worked. If I leave it on for longer it totally burns up my legs (sensitive skin), so it's not really an option. Hubby will NOT be touching my legs. (He's Korean, and hasn't had to shave yet, so with no practice...) If I'm already tearing my own legs up, he certianly won't be touching them! lol. I remember trying the veet razor and it worked okay, but you could only use it every two weeks I think? And could have shaved before/after? it was weird, and my hair would get too long.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I use veet with a sponge and it works well for sensitive skin!you can use it every 72 hours and my legs stay smooth for about a week.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 11:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008