Colonoscopy

Have you had one? I need to get one in a couple years due to my family history. I am scared & hate needles to be sedated. How was your experience?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• Mine was fine no problem. No pain at all. I had both an upper and lower G.I. That is what it is called. Message me we'll talk about it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had one a few years back, the worst of the whole thing was the preparation, drinking a gallon of laxative and spending all day in the throne!, other than that it is a breeze.

Answer by older at 1:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I know for a fact that if someone has a family history they say to get one as soon as possible. Don't wait!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The worst part is the stuff you have to drink and the fact that you are pretty much glued to your toilet for a while...lol The rest is a cake walk.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The preparation for the test is the worst part. The test itself is, as older said, a breeze.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I've never had one, but I Bumped your question. I understand your fear and even though I don't know you personally, I hope you do get one when it's time to make that appointment. I don't want anything to happen to you. A Colonoscopy can prevent something from turning into cancer.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had one this year at age 31. It was just fine! The prep sucks the worse, but because of my tummy problems I prepped with powerade and miralax. It was not painful, slept thru the entire thing, the doctor and nurse's were great, but I did puke all the way home from the sleep meds.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• As they said, the Prep was the worst. I am not a fan of being anesthetized and I asked them to cut the dose in my IV so that I would be awake through the colonoscopy and they did---it wasn't that bad. When it was done I felt pretty good because I wasn't all drugged up. LOL. I don't like needles and IV's either. It was worth all of it though,to find out you are healthy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• UGH the prep is like beach water only saltier and they expect you to drink a gallon of it. So not only are u pooping ur brains out you slosh when u walk too! LOL
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The procedure is a walk in the park.  It's the prep before hand that sucks.   Make sure the bathroom is well stocked with reading material, you're going to be spending a lot of time in there.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010