when will my baby talk she is almost 17 months old

faithsmom24

Asked by faithsmom24 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine is 16 months and says like 5 words. I swear she is holding out and is just gonna speak in sentences one day! She did the same thing with walking, refused to do it until she could do it well. LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My DD will be 17 months on the 9th..(seems like she was just born) But she is starting to say much more..talking about things and repeating what she sees on TV ..But the last week she has been hung up on LOOK and DOGS...Its cute.. and fun..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My almost 16 month old only has a few words in his vocabulary. He points and says “that” a lot. He is my third child so I think he lets his siblings talk for him too. My pediatrician said that at 15 months he should have 3-6 words and he had about 4.

I think if your child has a few words and is developmentally on track for everything else, it is fine. You can always ask your pediatrician just to be on the safe side though.
    NorthernVaMommy

Answer by NorthernVaMommy at 10:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Don't worry, she will do it when she is ready. My son took a while to talk and then he just started saying everything all of a sudden. It's like he saved up his vocabulary until he was ready to share it with us! LOL! Just talk to her all the time, about everything, and she will get there! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 10:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My son is 2 and doesn't talk much they talk when they are ready just be patient

Anonymous

• If you still filiing consern that your daughter is not talking much or at all you can all to to you pedatican about it . If there corsend about ithey can let you known ways to help and in some states they have a porgram for kids under the age of three. That help them devlopmenty and phisycal.
    vmznt

Answer by vmznt at 12:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i have a 2 1/2 year old and he just started talking i have friends with kids the same age and there kids are talking full sentances, my son is very smart and know whats hes doing just doenst know how to express it. he only uses one word he doesnt know how to put it together. i have heard its normal my periatridion said you dont see a kindergardner go to the first day of school who cant wait and talk so dont worry they will learn on there own time as long as there is a lil progress inbetween.
    MomGoneCrazyX2

Answer by MomGoneCrazyX2 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008