What do I bring to 2nd meeting with potential employer?

I met with an employer 2 weeks ago but there were no job openings. Now he has an open position for me. He already saw my resume and portfolio (this is an artistic job). Do I bring them again? I was going to bring a reference list, also. I leave at 8 a.m. Central Time Friday morning, so don't answer after that! Thank you.

orangeorbie

Asked by orangeorbie at 10:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• i would bring references just in case, that shows that you are confident in your work and aren't afraid of what others will say about you. i'd also bring a notepad and pen, just in case. maybe some tic tacs :) lol
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• bring them again, it would be betyter to have them and not need them than to need themand not have them. it will show consideration to his needs and that you are bringing your A game. make sure you are informed about the company beyond the job you are hoping for and be ready to ask some intelligent questions during the interview.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Thank you so much for your answers. Very good advice, and this time the owner left me with two other designers (one of whose place I'm taking) who told me all about the job. They wanted to see my portfolio, so I'm glad I was prepared. I got the job! : )
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 6:13 PM on Nov. 7, 2008