I need advice very badly!! Should I drop out of school?

I'm a mom of three... I have a four year old son, a three year old daughter and a 13 month old daughter. I am 23 and I am trying to work and go to school and be the best mom I can and be a wife to my husband of 5 years. But here is the problem.

I am a part time student and this teacher accused me of not doing the assignment the way she asked. I proved it to her that I did it correctly but she told me to do it over for half credit. That assignment is 30% of our final averages and I don't want a bad grade. Should I just take a with drawl from that class so it won't count against me or just deal with it? I am beyond confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would withdraw, so your GPA won't suffer.

Answer by older at 1:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Don't drop out of school ! just the class!

• I would explain that to the teacher, find out if there is any way through extra work or anything else that your grade can be salvaged if you re-do this assignment. Make absolutely sure you have tried every avenue to keep in the class and get a good grade before you drop it.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Can you talk to anyone higher up to get a second opinion. Maybe see if it was done right to begin with. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Can you drop the class and re-take it with someone else next semester?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would talk to someone higher up and if it doesn't go anywhere drop the class not out of school. And then next time when you have to take the class or any others make sure you never have that teacher again.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would talk to the dean before I did anything. I have been in college for 6 years now...I know its been forever.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It's almost the end of the semester for many schools; the community college here goes into finals next week... I don't think you CAN withdraw at this point without harm to your grade.

While 30 percent is a large chunk, there's still another 70% of class work to be considered. Heck, I remember getting a D on a media law assignment which was about the same percentage of the grade... I still got a B in the class. How will this one grade change your overall grade?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You don't want to drop the class, especially if you have student loans, because the loan will be due before the next term. Just try your best and re-take the class if necessary.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would do the assignment over but also talk with the supervisor above of her. How have you done on the rest of the 70% of class? DIscuss this with your professor, advisor and department head.

If you have done well in the rest you would still pass the class, I think dropping a class, especially so late is always a bad idea. It still goes on your transcript as a negative grade.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010