Do you get along with your mother in law? I don't ..

Just wondering. Seems to me most ppl get along with their mils. However, i'm constantly irritated by mine. I can't stand the way she treats her kids. Begging them for money, putting them on guilt trips, threatening suicide if she doesn't get what she wants, trying to break up every one of her kids relationships, and so much more. Does anyone else have a mother in law from H*LL?

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 1:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd get along with her if she wasn't so selfish and used her son for everything from money for bills to his prescription drugs and claimed it was all owed to her for some reason. She treats him like he's 12 and out of control.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, I had one, God rest her soul, she is dead now, but yes she did the same, I myself killed her with kindness, so she would be the only one looking bad in hubby's eyes.

Answer by older at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope, don't like mine either.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Mine passed last year. We weren't the best of friends, but we got along O.K
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope. I don't have to deal with her though. We moved to the other side of the country.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, we live next door to my in laws and I just got off the phone with her. Today is her birthday.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I get along with mine but probably only because we live so far away. We see her once a year. She is irritating but she doesn't mean to be.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope, my MIL is pretty hands off and chill...get aggrivated that she asks for money and her financial situation pisses me off!! But she has never interferred in our relationship.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That would be a big, fat (MIL) hell no! She tries to over-parent me, she's accused me of starving my son, she expected my df to pay for her loans, she wanted us to buy her shitty house for twice what it's worth, she calls my df to try and talk about me... Need I go on? i wish I could get along with her, but I have stopped trying.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i get along with my MIL just fine we dont always agree on things but she relizes that our kids our only her grandkids and that when it comes down to it she doesnt have much say and she stays out of it. Shes a good person for the most part and we do hang out together often.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010