Noni Juice - anyone ever try this?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 1:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• I have. It tastes absolutely terrible, but it does work and keep you healthy. Walmart sells Noni pills now too, and they don't taste.
    dohrmom_2010

Answer by dohrmom_2010 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Never heard of it. What exactly is it?
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No, is it good?

Answer by older at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Lots of family and as far as everyone says, its a crock.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Noni Juice comes from a plant commonly grown in Hawaii or the South Pacific. It's also called "Cheese Fruit", because it smells like stinky cheese.

Research done in Japan and at the University of Hawaii find it to be effective for pain relief (when used regularly over a period of time) and to reduce inflammation, without any negative side effects. Sellers of the juice also claim it reduces blood pressure, boosts immunity and promotes digestion. My son sprained his knee and took it (at the recommendation of one of his college classmates) to reduce the pain and stiffness. He liked it (the effect, not the taste) and recommended it to me for general health.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here has tried it, and if so, what they think of it.
    ss_mom

Comment by ss_mom (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, but my husband brought home some flier about it, someone trying to sell it to him..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2010