Anyone else have families that are starting to lose the holiday spirit?

My husband doesn't associate with his family. My parents are divorced and both have strange work/sleep schedules and I have no brothers/sisters. This means I'm left in charge of all holiday celebrations. I'm happy to take care of the holidays, but I find we're either rushing through our festivites to meet someones schedule, or that I just end up to tired to enjoy these days. Does anyone else have this problem?

amyb99

Asked by amyb99 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I have the issue of not having the money to decorate! Which my mom is giving me her old tree! And I just found some really cute things at the dollar store So im solving that part of my issue this weekend! But my hubby grew up in a home that never really had the money or the time to celebrate and get really festive! So I have to work double time to make sure I keep his spirits up and ensure my kids learn that Holiday times are enjoyable! I want them to have happy pictures and memories!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Everyone in my house always depends on me for that holiday spirit, everyone else thinks it is a chore, I happen to love the season!

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope, I'm divorced and all my kids are grown and moved away. No Christmas festivities to rush through anymore

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010