why am i constantly bleeding?

ok i am 19 and have been to my doctor and they dont know whats wronge. i dont have disease or cysts that they know of. ive been checked for everything i can think of and have been left clueless. this has been going on for over 2 years now. i will go from light to heavy and only stop for a max of 5 days. i am not on birth control anymore for the last 6 months cause i was hoping this would help and hasnt. i am at a loss and i am getting fed up. this has ruined my 4 year relationship and i dont know how much longer hes willing to put up with this.... also i think its stopping me from getting pregnant... its impossible.

katieray91

Asked by katieray91 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• You may try the Depo shot. It will reduse your bleeding & for many it stops the flow completely after the first 6-12 months. I use it & I usually only menstrate 3-5 days in a three month period. Good luck! Planned parenthood is one of the best places to get advice & answers on woman's health.
    oregongal

Answer by oregongal at 1:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would see another doctor. You might have a hormone imbalance they haven't caught. You might have other issues...did they do an ultrasound on you to see if you have anything in there like fibroids? Depo "may" help but for some people it does not. It made me bleed all the time. I would say its worth a try though since you haven't had anything work. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• thats your body cleaning itself i went through that after going off depo which i dident have a period for over a year....it should pass try birth control pills to regulate it good luck

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Ok, this is so not your body just cleansing! Bleeding like that is NOT normal, what exactly have you been tested for? Have they given you a Laproscopy to check for Endometriosis? Have they tested your blood for any type of cancer? I don't want to scare you, but being a endometriosis & ovarian cancer survivor/advocate; I know how many docs will simply shun you rather then help you, ecspecially with your age. I ended up seeing 112 docs before being diagnosed & most GOOD dr's suggest if a woman experience's something for two weeks then they need to seek medical care & answers. I strongly suggest to keep seeking treatment, this is not normal & it can lead to other probs. I have a ton of info & experience with "female probs" that I can share if you want & I am so sorry if I scare you, I am not meaning to. Unfortunately, I just happen to know the consequences of ignoring these types of probs. I'm here if you need info or support.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 6:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree with Hope4Teal. You need to seek a second (third, fourth, however many it takes) opinion. This is not normal...bleeding for 2 years? Yeah, SO not normal.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2010