NEED ANSWERS!! (about hospital trip items!)

So I have never had a child and expecting our 1st one the 18th of may...what all should i be prepared to take to the hospital for when I go into labor! I want to have everything ready way before so I don't have to worry about anything but going! Please help! 

Thank you ladies! Y'all are AWESOME! So glad to have such great mommas with such great support! 

wreath

brittneyk86

Asked by brittneyk86 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A little outfit with a hat and ababy blanket and booties. For u,deodorant maternity pants and a maternity shirt. Brush and toothbrush and comb. Also a camera!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have already packed my baby's bag
    *3 onesies
    *Gown with matching hat & booties
    *3 pairs of socks
    *2 sweat outfits
    *2 pacifiers
    *3 hats
    *3 bibs
    *3 receiving blankets
    *1 fluffy blanket for the ride home

My bag
    *Underwear
    *2 bras
    *Breast pads
    *2 pairs of Pj pants
    *2 tshirts
    *2 pairs of socks
    *Toothbrush
    *Toothpaste
    *Deoderant
    *Razor
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Robe, slipper/socks, comfy pajamas, change of clothes, maxi-pads, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, louffa, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, lotion, chapstick, camera, change, book/magazine, baby's homecoming outfit, diaper bag for on the way home, formula and bottles if you choose, pacifier, clothes for dad...
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You have to bring Witch Hazel pads. They will soothe you down there and help control the burning feeling! I have had three children and swear by this! You can buy them at the pharmacy.
    Clori

Answer by Clori at 1:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wow Ladies! Awesome answers so far! SUCH great help! I really feel alot better already about what I'm going to need! Thank you guys so much!!
    brittneyk86

Comment by brittneyk86 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Make sure you have a cell phone and a baby seat to bring baby home. Also I HAD to have lotion for the extremely dry skin, and cash for vending machines and gift shop. I found ceramic booties in thee hospital gift shop for all 3 of my kids' names.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Shit all the trouble I have had from idiot doctors, I've decided IDC what time it is as soon as they say my baby is healthy & fine fuck staying I'm taking my baby & leaving AMA, I have 3 kids so I know what I'm doing!

Anyway the first couple of posters have the right Idea of what to pack for a first timer like yourself but I would also say rather than socks or perhaps in addition to them some non slip balerina slippers.
    Pack some of your favorite snacks for when you just can't stand the hospital food or the cafeteria is closed, it will also save you from having to buy a tiny pack of crackers from the vending machine for 85 cents LOL.
    and to kill the boredom pack some word puzzles, a mini game or whatever entertains you thats small enough to pack.
    Congrats & GL to you!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Clothes, tooth brushes, tooth paste, shower items, face cleanser, lotions, make up (if you want), NO jewelry, two sets of maternity clothes, a pillow & blanket for your husband, change for the vending machines, entertainment for your husband (laptop, games, books or etc), a diaper bag (equiped with all babies needs), baby clothes suitable for the weather, the carseat, all important paper work (insurance cards, SS cards, IDs, etc)
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 1:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You'll see a lot of lists about this online and in books, but they really tell you to pack too much. You'll need one outfit for the baby. That will be for going home. Up until that point, it'll wear the hospital's clothing and diapers. You'll need a robe or nightgown for yourself as well as the clothing you will wear home. You can take tolietries, but chances are you won't have time to use them. Take a camera. Have the carseat already installed in the car.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Here is what I packed for me: underwear, night gowns, toiletries, lip balm, a book to read, camera and batteries, robe, socks, slippers and a going home outfit. I also had my insurance cards and paperwork.
    Baby bag- receiving blanket, going home outfit, coat (if needed) and car seat in the car. Our hospital supplied diapers, pacifiers and shirts/blankets for in-hospital along with cute home-made baby caps use so we did not need to bring any of that. They also sent home the unused diapers, unused formula/bottles, cap and pacifier home with baby.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010