Bath time

I have a 4 year old son and a 6 and 9 year old daughter. My 9 year old takes a shower and my 6 and 4 year old usually take a bath together. I do watch them while they are in the tub. My husband and I don't have a problem with them bathing together but my son is going to be 5 soon and I was wondering when I should start to bathe them separately. What do you think?

Momma_A4

Asked by Momma_A4 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think it's a good time to seperate them.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I separated my younger two when the older one (boy) was 5 and his sister was 4.

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When they get curious about each others bodies. My mom bathed my brother and I together until I was 5 and he was 7.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think now is a good age for them to stop bathing together.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would seperate them, especially since they are boy/girl.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When they start asking questions I would say. Age doesn't matter so much. Questions do.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'd say now is a good time, honestly I was embarrassed to be bathed with my brothers when I was 3.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think it would be time now to let them have separate baths.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you are starting to question it, it is probably time to separate them. Don't make a big deal out of it, just say it is time for boys to be with boys & girls with girls.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i don't see bathing together as an issue unless you make it one... i would talk with them and explain what is appropriate and leave it at that... if there are questions they will ask... and eventually i'm sure your older child will ask to have some privacy.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010