Have you or do you...

Leave your baby in the car while you unload groceries or other items and take them to the door?
I do this when it's frigid or when it's raining and my friend thinks it's just horrible. I can still see my child, too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, i take my kids out first...put the baby in the play pen and my dd sits on the couch...my dh usually unloads the car and i put up the stuff as he brings it in
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't.. I would take my kids in the house first..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No - I take my kids inside first.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No, but I have a garage so I guess it's not an issue for me.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No, I always bring the baby in first, way more important than my groceries!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I do. I know where he is, he can't get into anything and usually he's sleeping anyway.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I did sometimes on days when they constantly ran off and made me chase them. Easier to unload first on those days.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Not really. If I did we were parked in the garage with the door shut so technically he was still inside the house. It was always just easier for me (still is) to bring him in the house first.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If I am just dropping off something & intend to go right back out I do. Cars in the driveway. Its not running. Why take kid out of seat & drag them in just to drop off a few bags? If I am staying & they are awake then I take them in first. But if someone is asleep, I do take the stuff in first because chances are they will wake up when I take them in & be cranky & clingy & not let me bring the stuff inside.
    Anonymous

• Some people are really too paranoid. There's a fine line. Leaving your child strapped in the car, when you can see the car & taking some bags in is NOT bad parenting..sorry..its not. Example of bad choice: leaving kid in car at gas station, car running, unlocked, go in to pay for gas. (this happened by me. it was on the news. this is a really "nice" area too. showed father on the news. wearing a suit. nice car. you think he'd know better. they found car btw two blocks away, abandon w/ the child still in it.) Nobody is going to come steal your non running car out of your driveway though w/ the kids in it while you are right there. Also child is not going to drive your car away while you put some bags inside.
    Anonymous