Two year old DD never sleeps..HELP!

I have a 2.5 year old DD and she had always been a good sleeper. it was never an issue for her. She been sleeping through the night since shes been 3 months old. About 6 months ago she stopped taking naps but i didnt think anything of it because she would go to bed at 8pm and sleep till 8:30am. And then it started to get later 9pm-8am, 10pm-9am and now to get her to sleep before midnight is a chore not to mention she wakes up at 7am so shes getting 7 hours a sleep a day and for her age that isnt enough. I'm a stay at home mom and my DH goes to work at 6am and gets home at 5pm so naturally i'm the one staying up with her untill she falls alseep, getting up with her twice a night when she wakes up and its exhausting. Shes also been demanding on sleeping on the couch instead of her own bed idk where she got that from but its not good either. Shes always slept in her own bed. Her energy is not lacking shes a little more cranky during the day but not anything crazy. I need help on getting her back on track and sleeping her own bed again. Please help...no bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did that for a while, I just stuck to our bedtime schedule. Bath, snack, brush teeth, book and bed. It took a few times of putting him back in bed, but it worked! Hope this helped!

Aricasue

Answer by Aricasue at 1:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sounds like my kid! He hardly ever takes a nap, and even though he still goes to bed everynight at 8pm he usually isn't actually asleep until closer to midnight. Then we all have to be up at 7am. Only difference now is he used to wake up on his own, now I usually have to wake him. But yeah he only gets on average 7 hours of sleep a night usually without a nap during the day. I can hardly run on that! I miss the days of sleeping 13 hours at night and 2-3 hours during the day :(
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010