cramping at 5 almost 6 weeks?

Is this normal? Its not all the time but once in awhile I feel period like cramps since the day of my missed period..if its normal when will it end?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can be normal. It is your uterus being stretched out. It will last for a few weeks.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you are worried it is always good to talk to your Dr/OB/Midwife and see what they say.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Just as the first poster said. As long as you aren't bleeding or doubling over in pain. If you like, you can place a call to the nurse at your OB office.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It can be normal, but you should see a doctor for safety reasons.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 1:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It's normal. Just keep an eye on it. If it gets worse or you start to bleed, get medical help asap.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had that with all my pregnancies, but did have early miscarriage the first 2 of 4 pregnancies.

My OB/Gyn told me it was normal... the first time. After the first miscarriage they ran blood tests, and found my progesterone to be low. Some doc's recommend a vaginal progesterone supplement for this, others feel there is too risky.

I know some women will have a little very mild cramping in the beginning. If EVER you feel uncomfortable with anything related to your pregnancy, give your doc a call. (I'm assuming they are accustomed to the nervousness of new expectant moms-to-be.) Better to be safe. It's probably nothing to worry about, but don't hesitate to check if that will set your mind at ease. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• oh it doesnt go away it gets better moves into your tummy and oh just wait good luck
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010