Pooping pebbles, i changed from similac to good start.. could this be why?

she is lactos so she drinks soy.. we went from similac soy to good start soy because that is what my wic office gives, now she is pooping alot more times a day, and seems constipated because its kinda hard pebbles... normal, happen to anyone else? shes a month today

BabyGurlie1008

Asked by BabyGurlie1008 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that would indicate dehydration. How often is she feeding?
    Anonymous

• It is probably too much iron...iron can be very constipating. When I switched from nursing to formula, my daughter got constipated from the iron and i had to switch to a low-iron brand.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• like evry 3 hours, but kinda has been slee[ing thru and going 4 to5 sometimes
    BabyGurlie1008

Answer by BabyGurlie1008 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Constipated is when you can't go to the bathroom for several days. It just seems like your baby is eithering becoming dehydrated or is having a problem with iron.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• When I switched my babies formulas it gave him problems. I didn't know you should mix formulas for a gradual change, gave him gas and constipation like sysmptoms. Too bad WIC changed from similac to nestles too. I know if she can't handle the Nestles and has to be put on something else, like Nutramigen, go to your pediatrician. I had cousins who had to have their babies on nutramigen and that other predigested formula. WIC had to provide it, but you have to have your pediatrician get involved. Talk to the peditrician. I am not sure because we aren't eligable for WIC. But babies systems are so sensitive that it takes time to adjust when changing formulas. I did same thing, went from similac to nestles to similac soy. Then put him on nutramigen for a month to calm system down, then introduced soy into it. Mixing 4 cups of formula at once, one scoop of soy 15 scopps nutramigen.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Didn't finish my answer there...then gradually upped the scoops of soy and lowered the nutramigen. This is easier on their systems. Not a sudden shock to them.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• my twins had those little pebbles while they were on similac... now they have enfamil from wic.... if u had the same thing im guessing its the similac... but i was also thinking thats how it is for a while.... cuz now its normal....
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008